Friday, June 12, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

I woke up on Sunday with the left side of my throat a bit tender. As the week wore on, my right picked up the soreness, and little by little, this vile invasion of my throat brought me to the point of tears.

I am not one to complain very often of pain, and in my opinion, I have a very high tolerance for it. The pain that resulted from this infection in my throat comes in second to the rupturing of my fallopian tube a number of years ago. So, I don't think that I am stretching the intensity of my most recent illness at all; I know pain.

Anyway, this really isn't about me. It's about my darling 2 year old.

She came to bed with me the night that the pain was at it's peak. What this child did next, completely amazes and blesses me. Little girl ministered to me for an hour. She stroked my hair, kissed my cheeks, prayed for God's medicine on my throat, and spoke words of comfort over me. "You be okay, you be arright." "It okay, Mama, Jesus put his medicine on you."

I am thankful for this infection because I have been given a glimpse of who my Mighty Abby is going to be. My heart overflows.

3 comments:

SandyBo said...

They are such blessings! How sweet she is growing up to be.

Colleen said...

AWESOME!!! Ben told me once about Isaac laying hands on others at preschool, so sweet-You two are amazing parents and it shows through your children,what a gift!

Amber said...

I keep coming back to read this. She is so sweet - I can just imagine her little hand on your face. Thank you for sharing this.