Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Nephew

Today is February 3rd, 2009. My nephew, Jaden Nikolas Beaudry, made his entrance into this world yesterday evening. He is my sister's fourth, and the first of which I was unable to see and touch and smell within an hour of birth. Every other baby was born while I lived in Arizona. This time, I am in Georgia. I knew it would be difficult for me to not be there, especially since my sister and I are the very best of friends. I feel like I've missed out on seeing this miracle and sharing this precious time with Rayme. It's times like this that I long for my family, and wonder why I ended up where I am. If only... But I cannot go there.

So, Jaden, my precious nephew, I love you and am so happy you are here. I cannot wait for the day to have you grasp my finger with your tiny hand, or to stroke your head full of hair, or to just sit and nuggle with you. You are a boy created with great purpose, and are a treasure beyond imagination.

And Rayme, I miss you terribly, and I am so sorry I wasn't able to be there yesterday... I would have loved nothing more than to play with Sam, Bella, and Sophie-Anne while you labored away. I am so proud of you and of the amazing mother you are!

-H

1 comment:

Roda Matin said...

You make your momma cry, my girl. You were missed terribly. It did not seem right without Aunt Heather blowing into the room to cover her newest nephew with kisses, and whispers, and smiles, and tears. He is lovely, and I've told him alot about you. You will like him, our Jayden....and I love that you wrote with such sweetness, with your very own flair. Keep writing!
Love you so,
Mom