Friday, March 20, 2009

"Big Boss"

I have decided that my youngest daughter is one of the funniest creatures I have ever seen. She is almost five years younger than her next closest sibling, so she has been able to observe the many mistakes that have been made by sister and brother. I would think, though, that after close study of their behavior, the littlest darling would learn. I guess in some ways she has, but in the area of believing that she is the "Big Boss" in the household, she has not.

This afternoon, I sat in the den visiting with my mother-in-law. She was over with a nephew and niece for a few hours. My nephew asked to visit a friend across the street, and being that he is almost 12, he was promptly given permission. As he bolted out the back door (yes, in the south, the front door is rarely used), the "Big Boss" turned to me with a look of presidential authority and pointed, saying, 'I am going to the front porch. Yes, I am!' I, of course, repsonded with a resounding 'No, you may not go to the porch, but you may look out the front window.' Again, the little miss pointed her finger at me and announced much more firmly than before that she was going to the front porch. Naturally, I repeated my previous stance. This went on for several minutes before I finally gained the victory.

I also find this peanut of a thing loudly interrupting anyone whom she does not care to hear with a "blrlblerlblarlbal!" I laughed the first time I heard her say it, and now, regret that little mistake. For some reason, she now believes that it is acceptable to cut innocent adults off from finishing a thought.

I could go on, but just wanted to share a little bit about this little girl that has utterly captured the hearts of her parents, and anyone else who's met her.

1 comment:

Erin @ Closing Time said...

Hi Heather! I didn't even know you had a blog. I saw you in my "followers" box, started reading your profile, and all of a sudden said, "Hey, I know her!" Hope you guys are doing well.