Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tales from West

As I was hanging up the weekly sales signs throughout the store today, I over heard a young man talking to our deli lady. He asked her what they were 'fixin' back in the kitchen for lunch. She replied that they would be serving 'chicken n dumplins'. The young man then began to rant and rave, saying he would not be eating there for lunch, and that he just doesn't trust many people to make 'chicken n dumplins.' I looked up and caught the eye of our deli lady, and pointed in the direction of the angry customer and rolled my eyes. She smiled.

Later on, I saw the deli lady again and she said to me, "Dat wus my son, and mmmm, he done drive me crazy. But I luv that boy. He messed up tho."

Oops... I guess I need to remember that half this town is related somehow and keep my mouth shut, and keep my eyes from rolling!

3 comments:

SandyBo said...

Who ain't messed up in this town? There is something about never leaving the state of Georgia that makes some of the residents rather scary!
By the way, I am related to most of them, so watch the reply. ;)

SandyBo said...

You missed nothing exciting at the Horse show.....I talked to Emily, she told me where you guys all were. She was having a ball!

Colleen said...

Why wouldnt he trust his own mammy's dumplins? maybe I missed something,I feel for you Heather, My foot stays in my mouth,hahaha! I say to go with your instinct though and that lady knew you were right-he was crazy,son or not. :-)