Monday, May 11, 2009

Unfinished

I live in a house that is unfinished. I am lacking crown molding to cover the cracks where the new sheet rock meets the old ceiling. After 2 years, I still haven't replaced the temporary paper blinds hanging on all the windows that need them. Many windows don't have any dressing, which becomes a problem when the sun streams through during dinner and leaves us all sweaty from the direct light. Little by little, we get things done, and sometimes, we can't do anything on it for reasons beyond my control.

I'm learning that my house has a lot to teach me about myself. I am undone... needing refinement... the foundation is good, but there is still so much for God to finish in me. I am so quick to see the areas that need covering, like the cracks at the ceiling. I am also quick to throw up cheap coverings to remain hidden from public view. I see the potential that my home has, and I know that my potential is seen by the one who dwells in me. Recently, I have had a recurring reminder of how God is faithful to complete the work that he's begun in me.

I am beginning to feel that the winter of my soul is passing now, and that spring has come. Now I can look at my home with a sense of hope, and I can look at my heart with the same.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

You have an amazing way of looking at things, Ben does as well. Your family will reap the blessings it deserves and more in time,Im sure of it!